This is a special post. After reading whole of it you will come to know what is special about it. Right now here is my blog “My Random Thoughts” inventory.
# Total views since 22 June 2008 – 26,570
# Busiest day: 565 hits — Friday, September 12, 2008.
# My All Time Top Ten Posts (except tags and email forwards) -
- The Undesirable Child – A post I wrote on the girl child in India after reading a shocking news that exposed the fact that how desirable sons are in Indian society.
- Classification of students – A post in which I have classified students of a class in some general categories based on my teaching experience.
- Vishwakarma Puja – Photo and Video Feature – A post about celebration of Vishwakarma Puja day n my engineering department.
- Blogging Friendship and Titles – A post about friendship between fellow bloggers. I also awarded my fellow bloggers with appropriate titles.
- Lost Love and Fair Skin – A post I wrote on the discrimination against dark skinned people in India and the commercialization of the same by cosmetic companies.
- Love is….. – A post where I have posted some cartoons of the “Love is” series that Times of India used to feature some years back.
- Indians or Moral Police – A post I wrote after experiencing a shocking example of moral policing at late night and that too without being “guilty”.
- All In A Day’s Work – A post about the day Shiv Sainiks vandalized my college on a petty issue and fought with students.
- Large Hadron Collider and Human Curiosity – A post on the famous LHC experiment and the apprehension of people about the whole thing.
- Kung Fu Panda – A post on the movie’s review and my thoughts on its dialogues.
Just like global financial condition, the number of comments on my blog are in recession too. Where have all gone? Out of the 9 points of a good blog that are listed in this post, one is that good blogs reflect focussed obsession. So if someone says that I’m obsessed with receiving comments then that shows my blog is good. Once upon a time Nita had tagged me to write what inspires me. Its appreciation. Appreciate me and I’m inspired to keep giving it my best. Be it my professional or personal life. Now a poem I wrote for my special post:-
I decided to write,
and started a blog.
I wrote my thoughts,
and made my brain unclog.
Lots of blogs I browsed,
and bloggers, I came to know.
Some good, some not so much
and some I decided to follow.
He tries to find logic,
that too in love and life.
She is a doctor, a storyteller,
a mom and a good wife.
He writes from US of A,
18000 rpm is his blogging speed.
She muses from France,
Her advice I always heed.
Her blogging is ideal,
giving India’s wide angle view.
His very long poems,
make everyone go phew!
She writes current affairs,
in her blog she explores.
He is literally quiet since long,
please blog the world implores.
He is called Zero the Hero,
His blog is all mishmash.
She is hosting Bloggies Awards,
If I win we will have a bash.
He is the funniest one,
the author of many guides.
She writes from her heart,
Her posts are like emotional tides.
He is a chemical compound,
His posts are not at all crap.
Alphabets are her world,
Many hearts she does trap.
He is popular and spectacular,
All blog hoppers stop at dead end.
He writes wonderful poems,
His posts make our minds bend.
He twists sentences, words,
and his readers’ minds.
She has the prettiest blog,
Marital bliss I hope she finds.
His planet has music & movies,
He is quite handsome too.
Priceless is her junk and blog,
Her school is actually a zoo.
His posts mean entertainment,
He is an ardent Calvin Hobbes fan.
Her posts are not that banal,
Even if its about car, teeth and tan.
He is an aspiring actor,
His blog’s background is blue.
She is a forgetful bookworm,
About her stuff she has no clue.
He writes about heavy metal,
and wants to be world’s king.
Her mind flirts with thoughts,
Guys, she has a wedding ring.
He says how you doing,
His photography is awesome.
She is new to me,
The blog is a twosome.
He writes in loud whispers,
Sometimes we don’t eye to eye see.
She is from Belize,
A teacher just like me.
He says he writes nonsense,
but it actually makes sense.
Her ordinary life is tough to read,
and makes me feel at times dense.
Films and film making are his passion,
His blogging frequency is slow.
She welcomes us to read her life,
In freeness her words flow.
She vents her gyaan on her blog,
Short story is her specialty.
Readers care to take a look there,
His blog can use more jovialty.
He is the devilish angel,
His posts are candid and open.
Tidbits are her posts,
Funny and yet outspoken.
Random are her ruminations,
A happy life I hope she will lead.
She is both funny and serious,
Posts in her imagined universe I read.
He is a guitarist and is in love,
His posts are honest and frank.
Her desert is always green,
I hope she gets a good rank.
She is creative in blog and life,
But her blogging is at a low ebb.
She writes about her world and thoughts,
The first ever blog I read on web.
Emotionally empowered is her blog,
Insightful are her posts.
Her posts are silver lining to a bad day,
A widget-ful blog she hosts.
This poem can still go on,
This is not the ending.
My subscribed feeds are many,
But I have studies pending.
Thank you to readers and commenters,
For making my blog what it is.
Now I hit the publish button,
My 100th post this is.
P.S. I apologize to anyone who is not included in the poem or the collage.