Prateek tagged me to write 5 things for which I love myself. Okay so that is different from 5 things I love about myself which would have been easier to list. But it doesn’t make this tag any less narcissistic. So here goes 5 things I love myself for :-
1. My efficient self :- Be it departmental work at college or organizing something, I do it quite well taking care of every detail. But the problem is due to this I am a hard taskmaster for people working under my supervision I expect perfection. I see mistakes which others tend to overlook and that is sometimes a problem for my co-workers
2. My adjusting self :- I attribute this quality to my years spent in hostel. I have lived through a bucket of water for 3 days (Bhopal has serious water crisis in summers), slept on train floor on newspapers when waiting ticket wasn’t confirmed and so on. So if the going gets tough I can adjust quite well. I show nakhras only when I have options. (Sshh don’t tell my mom about this)
3. My confident self :- When I stepped in a classroom for the first time to teach and face 60 pairs of eyes or when I appeared for any interview or when I talked to the AICTE team of experts or when I compered any technical conference, I never felt nervous. And I still don’t whenever any such occasion arises. I am glad for that!
4. My independent self :- Both financial and physical. Be it knowing how to operate stuff or being tech savvy or taking decisions on my own or having my own earned money.
5. My intuitive self :- Maybe because I am a Gemini or a number 4 (both are said to have strong intuition), my intuition is very strong. And if I feel anything strongly about someone or something, it is rarely wrong. Its another matter that sometimes I don’t listen to my inner voice and suffer.
P.S. For the uninformed the cheesy title is from the Hindi movie Jab We Met.