New Year Resolutions are such a cliche. Having become wiser I have stopped making customary resolutions on the onset of a new calender year which I have never been able to adhere to anyway. In my present work, I get a whole month summer vacation and that is the time when I make resolutions to do certain things and complete certain tasks every year. So taking a break from my usual quite vocal posts about social issues and being currently uninspired; I have decided to enlist my Vacation Resolutions ( or rather a To-Do list) as my blog page is always open and it will constantly remind me.
- Assist Maa in the kitchen and catch up on cooking.
- Begin my annual one month morning walk.
- Read The Complete Adventures of Feluda by Satyajit Ray (vol 1 & 2), start and finish A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini and Freakonomics by Levitt & Dubner (both gifted by a dear friend who didn’t know my taste is mystery and humour…though I think Freakonomics is in humor category isn’t it?)
- Clean my room obsessively.
- Learn MATLAB 7.0 and practice it.
- Watch movies like You’ve Got Mail, Thelma and Louise, The Sting, The Royal Tennenbaums, The Terminal, The First Wives Club, Bonnie and Clyde, Amos and Andrew, Sweet Home Alabama, Space Cowboys, Sleepless in Seattle, My Fair Lady, Severance, The Merchant of Venice, Death at a Funeral, The Devil’s Advocate and more.
- Read the 15 blogs I have bookmarked and comment and not to bookmark any more blogs till I have read these.
- Convert my baby steps into the blogging world to a stride.
- Being alert while filling cooler with water and not to forget the tap is on. (read: Save the Earth!!)
- Indulge in food (mostly non veg and pizzas) and mango juice.
May the Force be with me!!
P.S. My vacation started on 18th. Shit! I’m running late by 4 days. (At least got around to make a list today!!!)