There comes a time in every blogger’s life when he/she suffers from writer’s block like Rekha or becomes too busy to blog like Suda/Sakhi/Willow or finds it hard to keep up the regularity of posts like Nita or is too overwhelmed by new married life to blog like Scorpria or loses the creativity needed to blog like Perx or is busy in relocating like Nimmy or is too busy hatching evil plans to conquer the world like Ashish or has been doing it for so long that he is now bored with blogging like Ishmeet. And then there are some who just vanish without a word like Meghana (Last time I read she was learning to drive. Hope she is ok! :P), Wasshappening, Sharad, Manoj. This cartoon sums up the blogger’s cycle quite aptly.
In fact blogging breaks are necessary to recharge one’s thoughts and creativity and to write wonderful come back posts 🙂
Cartoon credited to Anshul.
So without much further ado, I would like to announce my break from blogging starting from this post till my come back post 😀 The reason being my M.E. 2nd sem exams from 30 April to 8th May. I will not post till exams are over. However I’ll surely reply to your comments. I may or may not be reading and commenting on your posts. Even if I do, then only on some posts. Rest after the exams. I know by that time my Google Reader will be overflowing with posts. But I will surely read each one of them.
However during this time I will be alive and kicking at Tumblr and of course Twitter. You can check out some good random stuff like cartoons, pictures, quotes, videos, songs at my tumblr log and if you are on twitter then you can follow me by just clicking on the blue birdie in my sidebar.
I had submitted my blog to be included in Amit Agarwal’s (of Digital Inspiration fame) Directory of Top Blogs in India and Most Widely Read Indian Bloggers twice. But there was no response. Then I grumbled about it on twitter and Voila!! I am there!! Under “Personal” blogs. 😀 😀 Thanks Amit!
And lastly, as per the custom of blogging break, here is a list of some of old posts which you can read while I am away.
# Social Issues Posts
1. The Undesirable Child – A post I wrote on the girl child in India.
2. Lost Love and Fair Skin – A post on Indian obsession with fair skin.
3. Parents,Daughters and Over Discipline – A post on the effect of parental strictness on daughters.
4. Cosmetics,Jeans and Indian Culture – A post in response to Mr.Naqvi’s comment.
# Teaching Experience Posts
1. Classification of students – A post in which I have classified students of a class in some general categories based on my teaching experience.
2.The Other Side of Bench – Few tips for all students out there from a teacher.
3. Viva-voce Experiences and Anecdotes – self explanatory 🙂
# Posts awarded at the Avant Garde Bloggies Awards
1. Motherhood- Necessity or Choice? – Best Eye Opener Post Award
2. And That’s How A Tag Is Done – Most Interesting Tag Post Award
3. Indians or Moral Police – Best Human Interest Story Award
4. Fun Time of Year – Best Regional/Culture Post Award
# Random Stuff
1. Sanctity of Cricket – It is the IPL season again. My post on the controversy of cheer leaders.
2. My First Stage Show – My first performance on stage. (Includes video)
Adieu my dear bloggers, readers and lurkers.