This post was destined to be a movie review post but due to bad Internet connection, laziness, busy life and travel it got delayed and more delayed till it has now become a casual bulleted post giving my readers some random updates instead of a post having paragraphs. Sigh!! Such is the influence of Twitter. But then brevity is the soul of wit! π But this is not a funny post either. Sigh!
- First the Movie Reviews :-Β
# X-MEN FIRST CLASS – saw it on the first day itself being an X – Men fan! My first movie in Bangalore. Liked it a lot. Good movie with the storyline quite connected to the previous movies of the X Men series. Good direction and acting. Really a first class movie. It was nice to see Kevin Bacon after a long time. I have always found his nose very cute!
# KUNG FU PANDA 2 – The word is, I think, awesome! π For the first time I laughed so hard at a movie theater that tears came in my eyes. And looks like there will be a third part soon. I am sure that one will have a female panda as Po’s love interest π Typical Hollywood! Wonderful movie which is a must watch especially in 3D. Great combination of action and comedy. Superb animation. Loved the small touches of humor sprinkled all throughout the movie. For example the goat soothsayer nibbling on the villain peacock’s robes, hinting at the reputation of goats that they eat everything. π
Goats are reputed to be willing to eat almost anything, except tin cans and cardboard boxes. While goats will not actually eat inedible material, they are browsing animals, not grazers like cattle and sheep, and (coupled with their natural curiosity) will chew on and taste just about anything resembling plant matter to decide whether it is good to eat, including cardboard and paper labels from tin cans ~ Wikipedia
- New Home :- Was busy shopping for furniture and setting up new home at Bangalore. Love that houses at Bangalore have wooden cupboards and modular kitchen which are not present in Pune houses. Here is the general layout of our new home.
- New Recipes :- Actually not new recipes. Rather the new dishes I cooked this time. Every summer vacation is a trying-out-new-dishes time. π Starting from top left in cyclic order – Fish fry with some twist, Kadhai Paneer, Prawn Malai Curry, Sheem- Borbotti Shorshe (Broad beans – Long Yard Beans with Mustard Paste)
- Bangalore Tourism :- Did not have much time to go sight-seeing around Bangalore during vacation. And now that we will be living there, there is no hurry. Visited two places with the real purpose of getting familiar with Bangalore roads. First visit was to the Aquarium and Sri Visvesvaraya Industrial & Technological Museum near Cubbon Park. The aquarium was nothing extraordinary but the museum was wonderful. Second visit was to Commercial Street. Loved the area! Shoppers’ paradise! π Here is the ground floor of the museum. You can see the prototype of the Wright Brothers’ aeroplane.
- Birthday Celebrations :- My birthday was on the 22nd June π Was flooded with phone calls since morning and wishes on twitter and Facebook. π D inflated balloons and decorated the living room. I did the formal cake cutting. Had dinner at my favorite restaurant chain – Barbeque Nation – but Pune one is better both in terms of food and prices. Too much taxes! π¦
Samachar Samapt Hue. Sunne Ke Liye Dhanyawaad. Namaskar π